Jasmine Oil and Its Benefits
“Jasmine” has been one of the more popular choices of names for Indian and Middle Eastern women over the years but apart from that, jasmine flower has also been associated strongly with love. But aside from that, jasmine flower is one of the more popular flowers today mostly due to the oil that is extracted from it.
Jasmine essential oil is used for a wide number of reasons and its popularity can be attributed to the benefits it provides when used. Not only does it act as a strong aphrodisiac but it also has been known to reduce depression, treat insomnia and reduce stress.
Jasmine essential oil consists of these primary elements:
- Benzyl Acetate
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Benzoic Acid
- Benzyl Benzoate
- Methyl Anthranilate
- Gamma Terpineol
Benefits of Jasmine Essential Oil
A beautiful, white flower that is known for its sweet and soft fragrance, this night flower has been known to provide tons of benefits when used in the form of an essential oil. Targeting a wide range of issues with this oil has been a common practice and has been used for hundreds of years now. That being said, let’s take a look at the benefits of using jasmine essential oils.
- Provides Anxiety Relief – research shows that jasmine essential oils applied topically or inhaled, has proven to enhance the mood and provide relief from anxiety.
- Antidepressant – jasmine oil has particularly sweet and pleasing scent that not only uplifts the mood but also has shown to be an effective method in fighting depressive disorders.
- Antiseptic- due to its antiviral, germicidal, bactericidal and fungicidal qualities, jasmine essential oil is also used as an effective disinfectant that is used externally on wounds to prevent them from becoming septic.
- Increased arousal – one of the more uncommon effects of jasmine oil is its ability to boost physical arousal symptoms such as accelerated breathing, increased body temperature and bold oxygen saturation.
- Aphrodisiac – jasmine oil contains strong aphrodisiac properties that not only promotes feelings of love and romance but has also been known to boost the libido and increased feelings of sexual desire.
- Treating Insomnia – having trouble falling asleep? The sedative and relaxing effect of jasmine oil can promote a good night’s sleep and helps those with insomnia.
- Energy booster – applying jasmine oil on your body can help you feel more alert and awake as well as enhance your overall energy. The active ingredients found in jasmine oil helps to accelerate heart rate and boost body’s temperature that makes you feel more energized and alert.
Different people have different methods of using jasmine oil. It is recommended that jasmine essential oils be applied either directly on to the skin (undiluted compared to other essential oils) or inhaled through the nose. This can be done by either inhaling the essential oils from the bottle or by putting a few drops of the oil in to a diffuser and inhaling it through that. Either way you decide to use it, the fact remains that jasmine essential oil is one of the best that is out there.