How Green Tea Keeps You Looking Young
Busy days and late nights are not exactly a great combination for bright and glowing skin. In fact the harsh truth is that it takes a toll on us and can be seen clearly in the form of hideous, dark circles around our eyes, giving us the appearance of a raccoon. But life must go on and so must we – but that does in no way mean that we should sacrifice our beauty – absolutely not!
That’s why it’s important that we work out a way to make sure that we find a way to live our life and still be able to look completely flawless! And you know what? A common staple found in your kitchen might just be the “wonder drug” that you have been searching for – green tea!
But before we can get to that, let’s first take a look at some of the causes of dark under eye circles and puffiness around that area.
Despite what a lot of people believe, the causes of dark circles and puffiness is not mainly the result of lack of sleep, although lack of sleep is definitely amongst them, there are other factors that lead to this and they include:
- Lack of sleep
- Skin disorders
- Fluid retention
- High salt diet
- Hormonal changes
- Sun exposure
- Skin thinning
Green Tea – Here’s What You Need To Know
Green tea has actually been around and has been consumed by the Chinese for around 5000 years now. And now people all over the world have started drinking this miracle tea – mainly due to the numerous ways that it benefits us overall. Green tea is a natural remedy that is packed with antioxidants and tannins that when placed around the eyes, can help in reducing the fluids around the eyes and shrinking the swelling making us look more alert, awake and beautiful.
Preventing Under Eye Puffiness With Green Tea
By placing green tea bags that have been brewed around the eye for a few minutes can treat puffy and tired eyes. The tannins in the tea bags work to reducing the swelling the skin and at the same time, tightening the skin around the eye area to give you a smoother under eye area. Apart from that, the caffeine in the tea works like a magical charm in reducing the dark circles.
Benefits Of Green Tea
Aside from working like a charm on the under eye area, green tea has been known for its diverse benefits.
- Green tea is perfect for those who are looking to clear out their complexion and improve the overall condition of their skin since it’s been proven to flush out the toxins from your body.
- Green tea is perfect for those who wish to reduce the puffiness and darkness around their eyes.
- Known to contain polyphenols, green tea is also consumed to fight skin cancer.
- Packed with the goodness of minerals, green tea has been known to fight the signs of ageing and nourish the skin.
- The tannins found in the green tea extracts shrink the pores in the skin, that reduces the production of sebum glands, which basically means that green tea keeps your face from getting oily.
- Want to clear up that acne and pesky pimples? The catechins in green tea extracts are the “good guys” that fight the bacteria in your body and regulate your hormone levels that can lead to acne.
- Helps removes blackheads.
- Protects the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun and at the same time can be used to heal skin that has been sun-burned.