Colon Hydrotherapy: Does It Really Work?
Colon Hydrotherapy has been in the news increasingly over the past couple of years. With the basic idea being that of cleaning the colon with water, this therapy is being used by an increasing number of people and one that Hollywood stars have been using before a big day.
But is colon hydrotherapy – also known as colonics – really safe? And is it really necessary?
These are the questions that one would ask, especially if they are unaware of what colon hydrotherapy really is, how it works and if there are benefits or side effects related to it.
First things first, let’s get a clear understanding of what colon hydrotherapy really is. One of the first things that you should know about this particular therapy is that it is completely safe to use. Although there is not enough research to show substantial results, the fact that colon hydrotherapy has been performed for hundreds of years now and today, it is carried out by a professional – a hygienists or colon hydrotherapists.
How does it work? Well, colonics is performed using a large amount of water in order to flush out the toxins from the body. Since a colon’s main purpose is to remove stool from the body, doing a colonic cleanse can really help. Apart from using pressurized machines and gravity, there are many different types of colonics that are available today.
That being said, let’s take a quick look at how colon hydrotherapy can benefit you.
- Doing a colon cleanse through hydrotherapy can help preventing constipation.
- Constipation can lead to poor digestion and by doing a colon cleanse, not only does it prevent constipation but also improves the digestion.
- Flushing out the toxins from the body can lead to improved concentration.
- Hydrotherapy has shown to increase overall energy levels.
- Cleansing the colon has helped people to lose weight.
- Hydrotherapy of the colon flushes out all the toxins from there, promoting overall colon health.
After getting colonics, most people have reported to feeling not only lighter but feeling clean internally as well. When all the toxins are flushed out, it increases the energy levels in the body making one feel lighter. While there are some people who have complained of pain during the procedure in the form of stomach cramping and even bouts of nausea, for most people, colon hydrotherapy has been an overall positive experience.