The things that make Cantaloupe one of the most popular fruits to eat.
It is a known and established fact that fruits and vegetables are prime sources of energy and help a person to remain healthy. Fruits and vegetables contain vast amounts of nutrients such as vitamin, fibers, minerals and antioxidants which help to prevent vitamin and mineral deficiency in humans and reduce the risk of chronic ailments. Fruits are one of the most consumed naturally occurring food item. People who eat fruit every day or even regularly are more enthusiastic as fruits give instant energy and do not let a person feel weak or lethargic.
The numerous advantages of eating Fruits:
There are wide variety of foods such as apples, mangoes, oranges, bananas, peaches, melons and strawberries, and each fruit apart from being full of vitamins and minerals have one special quality or ingredient that is best suited a specific body organ. Like an apple in rich in potassium which is a vital component of blood and mangoes have fibers which helps in digestion and lowering cholesterol. The overall health benefits of fruits include
- Strengthen the immune system which helps to fight the acute and chronic illnesses. The wounds would heal faster and infections would be eliminated more quickly.
- Helps to maintain an optimum body weight and keep obesity at bay
- Eating regular fruits help reduce the risk of heart diseases, stroke, cancers and other disorders
- Prevent the chances of high blood pressure and also lowers the calories
- Highly beneficial for a softer, smoother and glowing skin
Cantaloupe is one of the most popular fruit consumed by people, it is also known as muskmelon, rock melon and mush melon. Cantaloupe is from the melon family of fruits which includes water melon, sweet melon, Persian melon, golden honeydew and Casaba melon. Cantaloupes are one of the favorite type of melon in United States and is grown in California region. Cantaloupes weigh from 500 grams to 5 kilo grams and are widely cultivated in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Cantaloupes have a delicious and juicy flavor with high water concentration which helps to keep a person hydrated.
Nutritional facts of Cantaloupes:
Cantaloupes should very much be a part of a balanced diet due to its significant benefits. They are enriched in various nutrients which includes potassium, dietary fiber and folic acid. Cantaloupes also contain numerous vitamin namely vitamin A, C and B6.
Health benefits of Cantaloupes:
Cantaloupes are healthy breakfast food and can be also used as appetizer. A ripe cantaloupe is more juicy and refreshing and can add flavor to many salads and smoothies. Cantaloupes are known to improve skin health, reduce coronary diseases, prevent chronic bone pain, reduces chances of cancer and keep the sugar levels in check. The more elaborate details of cantaloupe benefits are
- The presence of potassium and fiber in help to lower the blood pressure and reduce the risk of a stroke
- The fiber also help in digestion of food and avoid problems of constipation
- Cantaloupe are rich in a carotenoid named beta-carotene which helps to remove free radicals and prevent cell damage. This reduces the risk of certain cancers and heart diseases.
- The presence of Vitamin C helps to lower the chances of asthma to develop.
- In summers eating cantaloupe is very much necessary as it contains high amount of water and electrolyte that prevent people from getting dehydrated.
- Cantaloupes have vitamin A which helps the tissue to grow and keep the skin and hair healthy
- Cantaloupe helps to maintain the blood sugar levels and prevent its fluctuation
How to add Cantaloupes in your diet:
A person should buy cantaloupes which are a bit hard, symmetrical and firm without soft or shallow spots. Cantaloupes can be put in a freezer for few minutes and then be eaten. The cantaloupes consists of nearly every healthy ingredient in small quantities such as sugar, fiber, iron seeds, carbohydrate, calcium and vitamin C. One cup serving of cantaloupes can provide with rich source of healthy nutrients. People can include cantaloupes in their salads and smoothies with serve them with other fruits as it will add to the flavor and feel more refreshing.