The significant uses and benefits of Apple consumption
Fruits are natural sources of energy and nourishment. There are wide variety of fruits which occur naturally and are enriched with tremendous amount of vitamins, fibers, minerals and antioxidants which are necessary for human body to function optimally. All across the world fruits are one of the most essential of the agriculture products that are grown and distributed among the countries. Some famous fruits are apples, bananas, mangoes, oranges, grapes, strawberries, berries, peaches and plums. Eating fruits will result only in benefits and nothing less. There are such wide range of fruits and each have significant advantages to a person’s health. There are different fruits which are available only in particular seasons such as mangoes, which are consumed mostly in summers but other fruits such as apples and bananas are available throughout the year.
Benefits of eating fruits:
It is an established fact that fruits are widely eaten for their nutritional value and numerous health benefits. Fruits are important component of a healthy diet and some fruits are also used in preparation of meals such as desserts to increase its taste and flavor. The benefits of fruits are that fruits
- Provide with correct amount of nutrients such as vitamins, fibers and minerals needed by the body
- Keeps a person energetic and prevents chronic diseases such as heart problems and cancers to develop.
- Helps a person to control his weight and avoid obesity which is main cause of diabetes and heart disease
- Lowers the blood pressure and calories
- Contains antioxidants that prevents cellular damage
- Helps the skin to remain smooth and soft and maintain its complexion
Since a kid everyone must be familiar with the statement ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’. Apples are one of the most grown and eaten fruits in the world and there are many reasons which suggest why apples are so popular in nearly every country. Apples are delicious in taste and enriched with dietary fiber, antioxidants and flavonoids. The nutrients in apples help to reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer disease, diabetes and cancer. Kids particularly love to bite and eat a fresh apple.
History of Apples:
Apples are most widely cultivated fruits which are now grown nearly in every country where there are suitable climate and soil for production of apple. The apple tree originated from Central Asia, but then gradually apples begin to grow in Europe and Northern America. There are nearly a staggering 7500 types of apples grown worldwide. The famous type of apples include Red delicious, Fuji, Gala, Cortland, Empire, Cripps Pink, Golden Delicious and Granny Smith.
Health Benefits of Apples:
There is quite a long list of health advantages of apples which a proved by numerous studies and researches. The benefits are result of presence of vitamins, fibers and antioxidants in apples. The nutritional properties of apple include Vitamin C, K, and riboflavin. The mineral quantity found in apples includes potassium, manganese and copper. Dietary fiber is one another vital component found in apples. The wide benefits of apples are
- Gives instant energy and removes any weakness
- Controls the cholesterol levels and lowers the blood pressure
- Helps to reduce the risk of cancers, heart diseases and Alzheimer’s
- Improves digestion due to dietary fiber which helps in movement of food in digestive tract
- Apple is rich in iron so it is also used in treating anemia which is deficiency of hemoglobin in blood.
- Keeps the teeth and gums strong and healthy and removes any bacteria present
- Skin creams made from apple paste make the skin glow and shine
Use of Apples:
Apples can be plucked from the tress and eaten in raw form. Apples are also used in variety of fruit salads and desserts. Apples can easily be cut, mashed and used as main ingredient of many cakes, pies and custards.