Amla Health, Hair and Skin Benefits
Amla, also known as Indian Gooseberry, has been widely recognized for its beauty and hair uses. Known to be packed with Vitamin C, it’s one of the best fruits that are available for promoting great skin and hair health.
Health Benefits of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Drinking juice derived from amla can provide tons of nutrition to the body that result in these health benefits.
- Helps burn fat accelerating weight loss
- Helps in controlling diabetes
- Acts as a blood purifier
- Acts as a cooling agent in the body
- Helps in improving the bone health
- Extremely beneficial for the heart
- Helps to treat gastric disorders
- Can lead to improved eyesight
- Provides relief from piles and constipation
- Treats insomnia
- Helps to soothe menstrual cramps
- Treating infections
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Helps to sooth inflammation
- Improving and enhancing the oral health
- Helps to prevent cancer
Benefits of Amla and Beauty Uses
Although mostly ignored by the beauty industry, amla juice tends to be extremely beneficial for the skin. Acting as an elixir for your skin, amla is one fruit that is extremely beneficial for treating certain skin issues.
- The vitamin C and the antioxidants present in the juice from amla can actually brighten your complexion if used with honey and applied as a face pack, giving your skin a natural looking glow.
- Want to keep looking younger? Then we suggest regularly gulping down amla juice since that can delay premature aging and prevent wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots and more.
- We all get pigmentation once in a while or dark spots left behind due to acne but regularly applying amla juice with a cotton ball and rinsing it after a few minutes can lighten those marks and reduce pigmentation.
- Vitamin C is known to boosting the production of the collagen cells in your skin that keeps your skin looking firm and soft and amla is found to be abundant in vitamin C.
- Using the paste of amla on your face and applying it for fifteen minutes can prevent acne and pimples on the face.
- Apart from that, amla juice is known for its cleansing power – either applied topically or ingested.
Benefits of Amla For Hair
Considered to be a great source of hair tonic for all ages, women have been mixing it with shikakai (made from dried seedpods of the tree of Acacia concinna) to get beautiful and thick hair. Below are some of the ways using amla juice on your hair can benefit you.
- Amla juice has been shown to strengthen the follicles of the hair which leads to hair growth.
- Those suffering from premature graying of the hair can apply amla juice on their hair to keep the hair shiny and retain its natural color
- The vitamin C found in amla is great in preventing dandruff from accumulating on your scalp and stops the itching.
- Amla juice is known to help in fighting discoloration that results due to the loss of pigmentation.
- Amla juice, combined with henna, acts as the perfect conditioner which nourishes your hair, making it look thicker and extra shiny.